Thursday, June 24, 2010

THE! Elmo Cake

My sweet baby boy is now one year old. We had a small cook-out the weekend before his birthday. For this occasion, I baked a tiny two-layer round cake especially for him. Brett tore into it. By the end of the evening, he was a chocolate, blue icing mess (an understatement), but his messy happiness was positively contagious.

Well, when Andrew and I decided to invite our family over for a shindig the weekend of Brett's special day, I knew we would just have to have another cake. I already had Sesame Street on the brain when I discovered the Elmo cake pan at Michael's. Luckily (and oh so conveniently), I also had a handy 40% off coupon, too. I spent hours locating the proper preparation materials and cooking-up this work of Elmo art. The effort, time, and energy I expended were all worth it--Elmo came out looking fabulous!

It was so neat for me to do something so different, so out-of-line with my habitual interests. Before Brett's Elmo, I had never even considered decorating a cake. And now? Haha...Don't get too excited. I'm thinking once a year is probably often enough. We shall see!


1 comment:

  1. Wow! It looks really good. Good job Jess! You've turned into quite the baker.

    ReplyDelete