Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Don Diego, the sleepy chihuahua




I stepped out of the shower this morning to find this sleepy little chihuahua snoozing on my pillow. My first thought was: Aw, how snugly bugly (in case you have yet to notice, a favorite phrase at our house) and cute. Then I was like: Oh, no... wait a minute--there's a dog on my pillow. Gross! Who put Diego on the bed? ANDREW!!(I wasn't fast enough for a picture. When he saw me and I started fussing, he took the hint and jumped off the bed.)

Diego is a pretty cool pooch. He has a wonderful demeanor and a very high tolerance for the boys' shenanigans. But, I digress.

I hate the dog smell--the funky breath and stinky fur. Pretty much every part of a dog stinks. And nobody wants a stinky bed. Am I right?

So next time D. plants his haunches by my bed, whining like a baby because his tiny chihuahua legs won't propel him 3 feet into my cloud of white cotton sheets, Andrew most certainly will not pick him up, strategically placing him on my typically sweet-smelling headrest.

Diego knows better, but I'm still training the man.

1 comment: